1. CHECK IF YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STATUTE
The International Student Statute is available for all students who:
a) are not Portuguese nationals,
b) are not nationals of an EU country (see Member States)
c) are not nationals of an EU country and who, on 31 August of the year they intend to apply for ESEnfC, have legally resided in Portugal for more than two uninterrupted years, including children legally living with them;
d) have not applied for entry through the national special regime for access and admission organized by the DGES of the Portuguese Government (ruled by Decree-Law no. 393-A/99 of 2October, amended by Decree-Law no. 272/2009 of 1October);
e) are not attending the ESEnfC through an international mobility programme to conduct a cycle of studies of a foreign higher education institution with which the ESEnfC has an established exchange protocol for this purpose;
f) If you have two or more foreign nationalities but are national of an EU country, you can only apply to this statute if your usual residence is not in that European country.
* The time of the residence permit for studies does not account for the time of legal residence in Portugal.
1. The required pre-requisite is part of Group B - Interpersonal Communication: Lack of psychic, sensory or motor disabilities, which interfere severely with their functional and communicative capacities, thus impeding self-learning or the learning of third-parties. A Medical declaration must be delivered at the moment of enrolment in higher education.
The medical declaration is issued by a physician registered in the Portuguese Medical Association or by a physician of the health service of the Nursing School of Coimbra.
2. The applicants who are not able to present a proof of pre-requisites in the moment of the application must self-declare that they have no psychic, sensory or motor disabilities, which interfere severely with their functional and communicative capacities, thus impeding self-learning or the learning of third-parties. The confirmation of those pre-requisites is done after the arrival of the students after delivery of the medical declaration in the academic services of the ESEnfC within the maximum time limit of three months after the start of the classes:
a) The non-confirmation of the pre-requisites implies the cancellation of their registration;
b) The initial payment associated with the enrolment and registration of the students (as according to the established tuitions and fees) is not reimbursed in the cases in which the registration is cancelled, under the terms of the sub-paragraph a), and that amount is transferred to the student account at the ESEnfC;
c) The balance of the student account can be used by them to make any necessary payments to the ESEnfC within a maximum time limit of 3 years.
2 - CANDIDATOS DE PAÍSES DE EXPRESSÃO PORTUGUESA
- These applicants require no confirmation of their mastery of the Portuguese language;
- Applicants from Brazil need the ENEM with a weighing higher than 500 (Writing: 30% + Mathematics and its Technologies: 35% + Natural Sciences and its Technologies: 35%);
- Applicants from Brazil, Cape Verde and Angola may conduct at least a semester of mobility in the country of origin, integrated in an international mobility programme with Universities of that country.