Documentation and Information Service (DIS)
The DIS is a functional unit of support, entrusted with proposing the acquisition, compilation and diffusion of scientific, pedagogical and technical documentation related to school activities, as well as promoting the cooperation with congenerous services and institutions.
The DIS is overseen by the Technical-Scientific Board and under the responsibility of the Directing Board, with links to bibliotheconomy and information.
Phone: 00351 239 802 850/00351 239 487 200
Extensions: Campus A - 2350 | Campus B - 1051
The DIS has the mission of providing the Nursing School of Coimbra (ESEnfC) with the bibliographical and informative resources necessary for permanent teaching, research and educational activities.
Within the scope of its functions, it guarantees technical bibliographical treatment and bibliographical database management, at the same time as it provides and promotes the access of ESEnfC users to different sources of information.
At present, DIS facilities (located on the last floor of the ESEnfC on Campus A, and the first floor of the ESEnfC on Campus B) include reading rooms and group work rooms. There are six group work rooms and one reading room (Campus A) and five group work rooms (Campus B) outside the DIS facilities.
The reading rooms are intended for the academic community of the ESEnfC, as well as for identified external users.
- Reception and Support
- Presential Reading (free)
- Copying Service
- Inter-Library Loaning firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask the staff
The CIS staff are available to help you find anything on Nursing.
During school terms:
Monday to Friday > 8:30am - 8:00pm
Saturday > 9:00am - 1:00pm
Monday to Friday > 9:00am - 1:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm
During COVID-19 contingency plan:
Monday to Friday > 9:00am - 1:00pm
2:00pm - 5:00pm
Saturday > Campus B (closed)
GUIDES AND REGULATIONS
Guide for Paper Production - link
Production and Presentation Standards for Dissertations/Project Works/Traineeship Final Reports - link
User Guide and Loan regulations - link
Last Acquisitions - link
Libraries (OPAC' s)
- General Library of the University of Coimbra http://webopac.sib.uc.pt/search*por/X
- National Library http://sirius.bn.pt/sirius/sirius.exe/etmp?X_query_bool
- National School of Public Health http://www.cdi.ensp.unl.pt/docbweb
- Proquest http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?RQT=306&TS=1098790823&clientld=60003&cfc=1
- B-on http://www.b-on.pt
- Medline http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=nlmcatalog
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education http://www.mces.pt
- General Directorate for Higher Education http://www.dges.mctes.pt/DGES
- Foundation for Science and Technology http://www.fct.mctes.pt
- Observatory for Science and Higher Education (dissertations) http://www.estatisticas.gpeari.mctes.pt/?id_categoria=35&form=1
- Educare http://www.educare.pt
- General Directorate for Health http://www.dgs.pt
- Institute for Quality in Health http://www.iqs.pt
- World Health Organization http://www.who.int/en
- Portuguese Nurses Trade Union (Documentation Centre) http://www.cdi.sep.pt
- Nurses Association http://www.ordemenfermeiros.pt
- American Nurses Association (ANA) http://www.nursingworld.org
- AllNurses http://allnurses.com
- Association for Family Planning http://www.apf.pt
- Portuguese Cardiology Society http://www.spc.pt/spc/index.aspx
- Protecting Association for Portuguese Diabetics http://www.apdp.pt/default.asp
- National Secretariat for the Rehabilitation and Integration of Disabled People http://www.snripd.pt
- Diário da República http://dre.pt