This project aims to improve and optimize the building’s energy performance by reducing the annual electricity expenses and improving its energy rating.
The Project seeks to replace all light bulbs for LED lighting, to apply thermal insulators under the roof slab and on the roof, to instal a centralized collective solar thermal system and photovoltaic panels.
The main objectives are:
- to optimize the operation of the different systems from an energetic and environmental point of view;
- to minimize the effects of heat losses through the building envelope by insulating the interior roof in the dormitory and main common areas;
- to minimize the effects of heat losses through the building envelope by insulating the exterior roof of the terraces (floor 1);
- to replace all non-LED lighting to save on energy consumption and reduce CO2 emissions;
- to provide centralized sanitary water heating by installing solar panels for an effective reduction in energy consumption and associated costs.
ESEnfC | Research & Innovation| Cofunded Projects